Friday, May 9, 2014

You Deserve Better.
I never quite understood what people meant when they said “you deserve better”. Deserve better than what? How is anyone suppose to determine what they deserve? If anything, we all have trouble putting a value on our own self-worth. And would there ever be a case when we would deserve less?
In some weird way, I think that we all deserve the same thing. We deserve that person in our lives who makes us happy. We deserve that person we can share our secrets. I think we deserve someone that we can be angry with, or sad with, or funny with, or stupid with - we can be anything with them. We deserve someone we’re not afraid to be honest with, that we can fight with and not be afraid to lose them by doing so. We need that person who makes you feel comfortable..being you. 
I think we all need that person we can show all our sides to. And though it may not be defined as the perfect relationship in other peoples eyes, you know what you have between the two of you is just….right. I don’t know if people deserve better if they don’t have that, but I think that it’s up to you to decide that for yourself. 

No comments: